Marketing Services Manager (Maternity Contract)
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) www.flyingdoctor.org.au is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, our Queensland section delivers extensive primary health care and 24-hour aeromedical emergency service, from nine strategic bases to those who live, work and travel throughout the State.
About the role
Royal Flying Doctor Service - Queensland Section (RFDS Queensland) now has a unique opportunity for a Marketing Services Manager to join their team on a 10 month, full-time maternity leave contract, based in their Corporate office at 5 Lobelia Circle, Brisbane International Airport.
This is an integral role in which you will be responsible for the development and effective execution of a broad range of external communications, thereby assisting the RFDS to realise its community engagement & reputation management objectives and raise awareness of its vital health services to multiple stakeholder audiences.
You will also drive and advocate proactive media and communication strategies aimed at enhancing both the awareness and public support for RFDS Queensland. This will be achieved by:
- Developing and initiating a program of proactive media relations activity, targeting remote, regional and urban communities;
- Building, maintaining, and managing key media contacts while exploring editorial opportunities that promote RFDS' vital contributions towards rural and remote health outcomes;
- Working in conjunction with the Fundraising team to develop integrated campaign communications that assist in the growth of individual giving, community support, and corporate partnerships income;
- Collaborating with the members of the Executive Leadership Team and the Internal Communications Advisor to provide issues management and strategic stakeholder communications advice, as required;
- Providing direction, mentorship, and support to your small but dedicated Marketing Services Team that are responsible for a range of corporate communications collateral, digital media content creation and event/engagement activity;
- Coordinating the preparation of the Marketing Services program’s monthly Board reporting requirements; and
- Monitoring and approving expenditure for the Marketing Services program, under relevant financial delegations.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, you'll have the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You'll work every day alongside people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a member of our RFDS team, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our organisation to remain at the forefront of rural and remote health care delivery and advocacy.
Critically, you help ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and into the future by supporting and promoting our charitable purpose.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $88,000 - $98,000 pro-rata (negotiable with skills and experience) plus super and access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
In addition, you'll have the unique opportunity to travel across outback Queensland and witness first-hand the positive impact our dedicated RFDS doctors, nurses, pilots and other health professionals have on the lives of those that live, work or travel in these remote and isolated communities.
Furthermore, you will be supported in your endeavours to develop new skills in a close-knit team which encourages the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will need to hold a tertiary qualification in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, or equivalent.
You will also have demonstrated experience in a media relations/communications role, ideally with a not-for-profit organisation with a health focus.
This could provide a great opportunity for a current independent Contractor, Publicist or Business owner to take on a short-term contract whilst gaining invaluable experience and insight into an organisation with a proud history and a bright future.
This is a heavy volume role that requires exceptional time-management and prioritisation skills.
It is key that you are proactive in your approach to all media and communications, thrive on diversity and are able to adapt to changing circumstances.
You will also be leading a small and committed team, so we are seeking someone with an authentic and mature approach that can harness the team’s talents as well as do some of the “heavy lifting” themselves.
You will be tech savvy and have a solid understanding of digital marketing principles including analytics, plus a working knowledge of Adobe products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and Google AdWords.
Most importantly, there are three 'must-haves' that we look for in every one that joins us. We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture - helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
If this sounds like you, don't miss this unique opportunity - Apply Now!
Please note: With regional travel a requirement of this role, candidates will need to be flexible and hold a current driver's licence.
If successful, you must be willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, a criminal history check, and be eligible to obtain ASIC clearance.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply